How To Get Rid Of Acne?
Your skin protects you from outside elements. It’s your job to take care of your skin to protect it from visible damage.
Unfortunately, acne is a very common problem. Many people of all ages deal. Luckily there are several home remedies for acne.
These home remedies can help clear up your skin without having to turn to harsh scrubs or creams.
There are given below a list of home remedies for acne that you might want to use.
1. Cinnamon and Honey
These two ingredients when mixed make fantastic home remedies for acne masks. Cinnamon is used for its antimicrobial properties while the honey is an anti-biotic.
Both of these together will completely eradicate bacteria that are wreaking havoc on your skin.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 1 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- Wash your face before you apply the mask to get rid of any dirt or oils.
- Apply the paste all over your face or just on your problem areas.
- Leave it on for 15 minutes, rinse and pat dry.
2. Egg Whites
Acne can leave you with some scarring. Egg whites are full of protein and vitamins. It will not only heal existing acne but also help rebuild cells.
- Whisk up 2 or 3 egg whites and apply to clean skin.
- Rinse off after 10 minutes or when the mask has dried on the skin.
- Have a mild moisturizer on hand because an egg white mask can sometimes dry the skin.
3. Yogurt and Honey
Consumption of dairy products can sometimes make acne worse for some people but applying it. Topically to the skin can alleviate acne breakouts and improve tone.
Great home remedies for acne that include yogurt and honey will soothe irritated skin and get rid of redness.
- You mix equal parts of plain yogurt and raw honey and layer on clean skin.
- Let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar
This powerful home remedy is a natural antibacterial agent that will kill off any bacteria that might be causing the acne. Apple cider vinegar also balances the PH of your skin.
- Simply mix 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water.
- Use a cotton ball to dab the mixture onto your trouble acne spots.
- You can do this a few times throughout the day or leave it on overnight for best results.
5. Orange Peel
Many stores bought cleansers and lotions include orange peel because it keeps the pores open and clean.
This is due to the vitamin C that is in the peel. You can just use the peel after you’ve eaten the orange.
- Scrub the orange peel directly onto your skin.
- Leave it for 15 minutes before washing off.
A fresh papaya scrub as one of your trusted home remedies for acne. It helps to remove dead skin cells and reduce inflammation. The result is soft and smooth skin.
- You cut open papaya, scrape out the flesh that you would normally eat and mash it up to make a paste.
- Apply to skin and leave for 20 minutes, rinsing off with warm water.
7. Lemon Juice
Another ingredient chock full of vitamin C is lemon juice. It is also an astringent, meaning when applied it will cause the tissues in your face to contract and heal itself.
- You can apply this home remedy for acne straight from the bottle.
- Do it as often as you like. Be careful of drying out your skin, however.
8. Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is frequently used as part of a skincare regimen. This solvent will cut through the excess oil in your pores and unblock them. This clears up current breakouts and prevents future ones.
- Dilute the tea tree oil to 1 part oil, 9 parts water ratio.
- Apply with a cotton ball and leave overnight.
9. Banana Peel
Even though we don’t eat the peel of a banana. It contains lutein which is an antioxidant used to reduce inflammation.
- You simply rub the peel over troubled acne areas and leave it on for 30 minutes.
- Wash it off using your normal cleanser.