Steak is a wide, flat cut of beef, grass-fed, strip steaks, usually cut perpendicular to the muscle fibers.
You can keep it in a refrigerator at between 36ºF and 41°F.
You can also see Shrimp nutrition facts in previous article.
Steak Nutrition facts
1 steak (214g) Beef, grass-fed, strip steaks, lean only, raw contains:
Calorie in Steak
- Calories 250(1047 kJ)
- From Carbohydrate 1.2(5.0 kJ)
- From Fat 51.8(217 kJ)
- From Protein 197(825 kJ)
- From Alcoho l0.0(0.0 kJ)
Protein & Amino Acids in Steak
49.4 g, Protein
Carbohydrates in Steak
- 0.0 g, Carbohydrate
- 0.0 g, Dietary Fiber
- 0.1 g, Sugars
Fats & Fatty Acids in Steak
Total Fat 5.8g
- Saturated Fat 2.2g
- Total trans fatty acids 0.2g
- Total trans-monoenoic fatty acids 0.2g
- Monounsaturated Fat 2.1g
- Total Omega-3 fatty acids 44.9mg
- Polyunsaturated Fat 0.2g
- Total trans-polyenoic fatty acids 0.0g
- Total Omega-6 fatty acids 171mg
Vitamins in Steak
- Vitamin A 0.0IU
- Niacin 14.3mg72
- Vitamin B6 1.4mg
- Vitamin B12 2.7mcg
- Pantothenic Acid 1.5mg
- Thiamin 0.1mg
- Vitamin E (Alpha Tocopherol) 0.5mg
- Vitamin K 1.9mcg
- Riboflavin 0.3mg
- Folate 27.8mcg
- Choline 139mg
- Vitamin C 0.0mg
- Betaine 16.3mg
Minerals in Steak
- Calcium 19.3mg
- Magnesium 49.2mg
- Phosphorus 454mg
- Iron 4.0mg
- Zinc 7.7mg
- Copper 0.1mg
- Potassium 732mg
- Sodium 118mg
- Manganese 0.0mg
- Selenium 45.1mcg
Health Benefits of Steak
- Steak contains high protein, which is magnificent for supporting your muscle mass.
- Beef is a rich source of dietary amino acid called beta-alanine which is develop proper muscles function (1, 2).
- Beef has found lot of iron said “heme iron”, which is common in meat (3) and is easily digest by the body (4). This is helpful for Anemia patients.
- It’s fights against Cancer and also blocks growth and metastatic spread of tumors (5).
- Vitamin B-12 found in steak, which is protecting the heart from attacks and strokes (6).
- It’s also improve immune function (7).
- In developing countries, nowadays children’s are affected by diarrhea. And Steak food is most helpful for Preventing Diarrhea.
- Get rid of allergic reactions. (8).
- Most of the people found skin rashes problems, this will happened Zinc deficiency (9). Steak loaded with Zinc, which is helps in skin rashes problems.
- Healthy Pregnancy.
- Healthy Blood Vessels because it’s found vitamin B-6 , which is protects the blood vessels from damage. (10, 11).
- Improve Bone Health.
- It has vitamin B-2, which helps in skin causes.
- It has improves digestion.
- It’s also helpful for maintain good vision.
- Nowadays, most of the peoples are struggle to lose weight. steak is such a rich protein source, it can help to lose weight.