Effective Home Remedies for Whitening Teeth
You should be able to smile big and show off your teeth when you get pictures taken. No one wants to spend their lives worrying about whether or not their teeth are yellow.
Conventional teeth whitening strips can make your teeth sensitive. These home remedies for whitening teeth can help you whiten your teeth with few or no side effects.
1. Brush with Baking Soda Paste
This simple baking soda paste can undo years of damage caused by acidic drinks and poor brushing habits. You can use this remedy 1 time per week to whiten your teeth.
Once your teeth reach your desired shade of whiteness, you can drop down to 1 time per month.
- Squirt your typical amount of toothpaste into a small bowl.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of baking soda and 1 teaspoon of hydrogen peroxide.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of water and stir until well-combined.
- Put the mixture on your toothbrush and brush your teeth with it.
Bananas are a natural source of potassium and other nutrients.They can protect your teeth from damage caused by acidic drinks.
To eating a plain banana every day, you can use this remedy to whiten your teeth.
- Peel 1 banana.
- Take off 1/2 of the banana peel.
- Gently rub the peel on your teeth, making sure to reach your back teeth as well. The manganese and magnesium in a banana peel can protect your teeth from further damage.
Your teeth need a constant supply of calcium to stay strong and healthy. That’s why yogurt is one of the best home remedies for whitening teeth.
Yogurt is a great source of phosphorus and calcium, which is another important nutrient for your teeth. Just eat 1 cup of yogurt per day to protect your teeth and whiten them naturally.
If you don’t enjoy yogurt, you can get many of the same benefits by drinking milk.
4. Oil Pulling
This is one of the most popular home remedies for whitening teeth, having recently gained lots of popularity on natural living blogs.
However, oil pulling has been used for hundreds of years to improve dental health.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon of olive oil or coconut oil.
- Put the oil into your mouth and swish it around in your mouth for up to 20 minutes. It can be difficult to do this for 20 minutes, so you may want to work your way up.
- After you are done with the oil pulling, spit it out. Rinse your mouth with water.
- Repeat daily.
5. Salt Rinse
Toxins and bacteria in your mouth can cause yellowing teeth and tooth decay. Salt can clean out your mouth, making it one of the best home remedies for whitening teeth.
- Pour 4 ounces of water.
- Stir in 1/2 teaspoon of salt until it all dissolves.
- Fizz the saltwater around in your mouth for about 30 seconds.
- Spit the water out and rinse with fresh water.
6. Eat Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
If you don’t get enough fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Your teeth could be suffering for it. Those who consume hard vegetables and fruits are natural teeth whiteners.
They kill bacteria, scrape off debris, and leave your teeth shining. Be sure that your daily diet includes raw vegetables and fresh fruit.
7. Strawberry and Baking Soda
Strawberries and baking soda are both great home remedies for whitening teeth. They are even better when they are used together.
You can use this mixture in place of toothpaste. However, only use it 1 time per month. The acid in strawberry can wear away enamel.
- Mash 1 medium strawberry.
- Stir in a large pinch of baking soda.
- Brush with this mixture and rinse.
8. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is naturally acidic. It can be used periodically to help remove stains and whiten the tooth enamel. Continue to brush with fluoride toothpaste as usual.
Approximately once a week, brush with a paste made from real lemon juice and baking soda. Brush gently, rinse well, and your teeth will eventually look whiter than ever.
Many store-bought teeth whitening products contain peroxide, and diluted peroxide can be used to whiten and brighten tooth enamel. Mix peroxide with equal amounts of water.
Swish it around in your mouth for several seconds each day. When diluted it won’t taste bad and in addition to whitening the teeth.
It will also keep your breath naturally fresh and your mouth exceptionally clean.
Tips to Prevent and Remedy Whitening Teeth
- Do not brush your teeth immediately after eating and drinking. Your enamel is weak after eating, so you should wait 30 to 60 minutes before brushing your teeth.
- Minimize your intake of acidic beverages like soda and coffee. They can leave your teeth weak and stained.
- Drink lots of water. Regular water consumption can clear your mouth of irritants and get rid of bacteria that can cause stained teeth.
- Avoid smoking or using chewing tobacco. Both of these habits can permanently stain your teeth.