Home Remedies for Stretch Marks
Stretch marks are a major cause of embarrassment for millions of people around the world. The unattractive marks are typically present as visible lines, with a noticeable off-color hue.
They are generally located on the torso, buttocks, breasts, thighs, and upper arms. Fortunately, there are many home remedies for stretch marks.
1. Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera has a proven reputation for moisturizing skin. It also works to heal a wide variety of skin problems, including embarrassing stretch marks. There are a couple of ways Aloe Vera can be used in this regard.
How to Use Aloe Vera for Stretch Marks?
- Apply Aloe Vera directly to the affected area.
- Allow the solution to sit for 15 minutes.
- Wash the lotion off with lukewarm water.
2. Potato Juice
Although not widely known, potato juice contains several essential vitamins and minerals. Many of these substances can help to promote skin growth and the restoration of skin cells. This useful home remedy consists of a 4-step process, as outlined below.
How to Use Potato Juice for Stretch Marks?
- Using a sharp knife, cut one large potato into several thick slices.
- Grab one of the slices you have created. Gently rub the inside part of the potato over the affected area. Continue rubbing until the resulting liquid has covered the entire area you are treating.
- Wait several minutes after application. This will give the liquid sufficient time to dry on the skin. This will also ensure full absorption.
- Wash the affected area with warm soapy water. Let the skin air dry for best results.
3. Lemon Juice
Lemon juice is high on the list of home remedies for stretch marks. It has naturally-occurring acidic properties. These properties make it extremely effective in healing stretch marks and restoring your skin’s firmness.
How to Use Lemon Juice for Stretch Marks?
- Dab a cotton ball into a solution of lemon juice using a circular motion for 5-10 minutes.
- Wait until the area dries and wash the skin with warm soapy water.
4. Olive Oil
Olive oil is one of nature’s miracles when it comes to healthy skin. The emollients in the olive oil help to soothe and moisturize dry skin. Also, its antioxidant properties help to promote skin restoration and the production of new skin cells.
How to Use Olive oil for Stretch Marks?
- Rub olive oil over the affected area.
- Massage it into your skin for several minutes.
- Wait 30 minutes before removing the olive oil.
- By doing this several times a week, you will improve blood circulation in this area. This will greatly reduce the appearance of stretch marks. This will give the vitamins and minerals ample opportunity to penetrate deep into your skin’s surface.