Quickest Way to Get Rid of Cold Sore
Cold sores, bright red sores that appear on the outside of your lips. It is extremely painful and irritating. Sometimes, cold sores can grow so much.
It is impossible to open your mouth without cracking the cold sore and causing more pain.
Unfortunately, once you have one cold sore, you are prone to getting more. Learn how to get rid of cold sores fast and overnight.
If you look at cold sore remedies, you will see that lysine is an active ingredient in many of them. Lysine is an amino acid that your body uses to grow tissue and repair damaged tissue. However, the body does not produce it naturally. So you need to supplement with it if you are prone to cold sores.
Lysine can be used or taken in a variety of ways. It may be present in food, like red meat, fish, and dairy. However, you can also take it as a supplement or use a natural topical ointment with lysine to get rid of cold sores fast.
Milk has protective and healing enzymes that help it heal a cold sore quickly. Besides, a glass of cold milk can soothe the pain of a bad cold sore.
While no one is quite sure why milk is a good treatment for cold sores. It has been demonstrated over and over again to shorten the life of a cold sore and relieve pain.
In general, the earlier you use this remedy. The better your chances of getting rid of cold sores fast and overnight.
- Soak 1 cotton ball in a small amount of milk. Press the soaked cotton ball to your cold sore.
- Keep the cotton ball in place until the milk reaches room temperature.
- Throw away the cotton ball, but do not wash the milk off of the skin.
While it is hard to find in its natural form, propolis is a very effective natural treatment for getting rid of cold sores fast. It is found in the buds of poplar and cone-bearing trees. It is largely produced by the work of bees. As a result, it is important to avoid using propolis if you are allergic to bees or bee stings.
Propolis generally works because it can clear bacterial and viral infections, including those that cause cold sores. Some people take it in a supplement. Apply it directly to the site of the cold sore to help with healing.
Zinc is a mineral that is traditionally found in our diet. However, if you want it to work on your cold sores, you need to use it topically. Some scientists have said that zinc can kill up to 98% of cold sore cells, making your cold sores go away much faster. You can find zinc in a zinc oxide topical treatment, which you applied directly to your cold sore.
When you start looking up how to get rid of cold sores naturally and fast, it isn’t long before allantoin makes an appearance. This natural chemical compound is found in wilds and greenery, which makes it easy and affordable to extract and use.
Its main use is as a skin protectant. While it does not cure a cold sore directly, you can use it to cover a cold sore while you use other remedies to cure the cold sore. It will keep secondary infections from targeting your cold sores.
With its thick texture, honey is one of the best natural skin protectors out there. Besides, honey has protective qualities that can kill bacteria and get rid of cold sores fast and hopefully overnight.
It is important to use honey that hasn’t been overly processed since this type of honey has the highest level of antiviral compounds. You can simply apply a small amount of honey to the cold sore, ensuring that it covers your cold sore entirely.
7. Petroleum Jelly
One of the biggest dangers of a cold sore is not the cold sore itself, but the opportunity it provides infections. An open wound can allow infections to sneak into your body and wreak havoc.
By putting a thick coat of petroleum jelly on your cold sore, you can protect it from infections and allow it to heal more quickly.
Many illnesses and maladies respond well to garlic. Garlic has natural antiviral properties, allowing it to heal cold sores.
- Take 1 garlic clove and use the flat part of a knife to smash it. The garlic should start releasing its juices.
- Press the garlic clove to the cold sore and hold it there for as long as you can.
- Repeat daily to heal your cold sores.
Cold sores tend to grow and spread with the presence of heat and moisture. Ice can numb the cold sore, slowing its growth and offering relief from pain and itching.
- Wrap 1 ice cube in a thin towel.
- Hold the ice cube up to your canker sore until the ice cube begins to melt.
- Repeat as needed for pain relief.
If you are prone to cold sores when it’s sunny outside, you can take preventive action by using sunscreen when you go outside.
Many people forget to use sunscreen on their lips or don’t know that the sun’s rays can affect your mouth. Use a sunscreen or a lip balm with UV protection to prevent sun-caused canker sores.
There are many herbs and natural remedies that can kill and prevent cold sores. Licorice is one of the most trusted remedies. Use this remedy sparingly, as excess amounts of licorice can have side effects.
- Pour 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil into a small bowl.
- Sprinkle a pinch of licorice powder into the vegetable oil.
- Dab the vegetable oil mixture onto your cold sore.
- Within a few days, your cold sore should be gone.
One of the most versatile treatments for a cold sore is toothpaste. Toothpaste is often used for drying up acne and other blemishes, which makes it ideal for drying up a cold sore.
- Apply a thick dab of toothpaste to your cold sore.
- Leave the toothpaste on overnight and rinse it off with cold water.
13. Magnesium Oil
Magnesium is an essential mineral in our diet. The body uses it to heal damaged cells. While magnesium oil can be difficult to come by, a small bottle can last you a long time.
- Dilute 1 drop of magnesium oil with 1 drop of vegetable oil.
- Dab the magnesium oil on your cold sore.
- Repeat daily until your cold sore disappears.
- You can also use a magnesium oil spray. You just have to spray it on your cold sore and let it dry.
How to Prevent and Get Rid of a Cold Sore?
- After you get a cold sore, replace your toothbrush, lip balm, and lipstick. The cold sore virus can live on these items and re-infect you.
- Avoid spicy or acidic foods while you have a cold sore. They may agitate your cold sore and make it hurt more.
- The earlier you act, the less time you have to deal with a cold sore. Try one of these remedies as soon as you know a cold sore is coming on.
- Minimize your exposure to the sun and stress to keep cold sores away.