Natural Remedies for Bags Under Eyes
The cooling, toning effects of cucumber make it one of the best home remedies for bags under eyes. In addition, they make you feel relaxed and calm.
- Cut the ends off of a cucumber. Cut 2 medium slices off of the cucumber, about 1/2 inch each.
- Lay back and close your eyes. Lay the cucumber slices over your eyes, making sure they are touching the area under your eyes.
- Leave the cucumbers on for 15 to 30 minutes.
- Throw the cucumber slices away, but do not wash the juice off of your under eye area.
2. Tea Bags
The tannic acid in tea bags make them one of the most efficient home remedies for bags under eyes. You can use any type of tea bag for this remedy, so you may want to use the inexpensive tea bags you can get at the grocery store.
- Pour 1 cup of water into a glass. Submerge 2 tea bags into the water. Put the glass in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- After the water is chilled and the tea bags are saturated, remove the tea bags from the water. Wring the tea bags out slightly.
- Lay down and press the tea bags to the bags under your eyes. Leave the tea bags on your eyes for 15 minutes.
- Gently pat the area underneath your eyes dry.
3. Egg Whites
Egg whites are one of the easiest home remedies for bags under eyes. They work very well for tightening skin, lightening dark circles, and getting rid of bags.
- Crack 2 eggs into a bowl, separating the yolk and throwing the yolks away.
- Use a fork or whisk to beat the egg whites until they become stiff.
- Use a pastry brush to apply the egg whites on the skin under your eyes.
- Leave the egg whites on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the egg whites off with warm or room temperature water.
- Repeat 2 times per week for best results.