If your joints are swollen and painful. You may be suffering from gout. Gout is an arthritic condition that affects the joints of your body, particularly your big toes. The pain that gout causes are intense and can cause your joints to swell or become red.
There are few treatments available for gout. But you don’t have to suffer the pain of gout. Try these home remedies for gout for pain relief and a reduction in swelling.
1. Apple Preserves
Apples have natural chemicals that can target the acid in your body that causes gout. Apple preserves are one of the most concentrated forms of apple, so by eating it on toast or in recipes every day.
You can reduce the number of gout flare-ups you suffer. Prepare this recipe, store it, and eat every day.
How to Use Apple for Gout?
- Peel as many apples as you want to cook.
- Core the apples and slice them into thick slices.
- Take a small amount of water into a pot. It should be enough to just barely cover the apples.
- Turn the heat on low and simmer the apples for at least 3 hours.
- When the apples have turned brown and sweet, they are done.
- Pour into large mason jars and refrigerate immediately.
2. Mustard Powder
Mustard is a natural anti-inflammatory food, which makes it one of the best home remedies for gout.
How to Use Mustard Powder for Gout?
- Add 2 tablespoons of mustard powder to 2 tablespoons of flour.
- Stir and add water slowly until the mixture forms a thick paste.
- Pat the paste all over the affected area.
- Cover with a large bandage or cloth.
- Leave on overnight.
- Rinse the mustard paste off in the morning.
Chicory is an herb that has been used for thousands of years. It is used in many remedies. It’s one of the most trusted home remedies for gout.
How to Use Chicory for Gout?
- Boil 2 cups of water.
- Add 1 ounce of chicory root to the water.
- Drink the water when it reaches room temperature.
- You can also mash the mixture slightly and pat it onto the area of your body that is affected by gout.
Thyme is a natural anti-inflammatory herb. It can reduce the pain and inflammation caused by gout. This treatment can be used every day to keep gout symptoms away.
How to Use Thyme for Gout?
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Add 1 teaspoon of crushed thyme leaves.
- Steep the tea for 5 minutes.
- Strain the thyme leaves out of the tea.
- Add honey to taste.
- Drink immediately.
- Drink 1 cup of tea in the morning and 1 at night for best results.
5. Fish Oil
Fish oil is a fatty acid that is very good for swelling and pain. It is naturally occurring in many types of fish.
But most people do not eat enough fish to get the benefits of it. If you don’t eat a lot of fish, take 1,000mg of fish oil daily.
While most people love cherries for their tart taste, many people do not know that they are a natural cleansing food. Almost any type of cherry you eat can help your gout symptoms.
Try eating 1 cup of cherries every day to reduce symptoms. You can also make a cherry pie, drink cherry juice, or drink cherry tea with honey.
7. Warm Clothing
Gout tends to flare up most often when it is cold. Cold temperatures can cause your joints to swell up, leading to gout pain. If it is cold or chilly out, make sure that you are warmly dressed.
Wear thick socks to cover your ankles, and be sure to dress in layers. This is one of the easiest home remedies for gout to use.