How to Burn Belly Fat Fast?
There many people who want to lose fat and more particularly the so called belly fat. Because it took months or years for you to get them, it would definitely take just about the same time or even more to get rid of them naturally.
For that reason, some people consider the idea of availing surgical procedures like liposuction to achieve a faster result.
However, since liposuction is an invasive procedure, the risk of infection and hemorrhage is always there.
Losing belly fat is not as easy as gaining them. When people want to lose that saggy fat on the abdomen, temptations in taking diet pills and buying expensive Abs- Workout machines are all over the place. However, as promising as they may sound, these products are probably the least solution to your problem.
The fact remains that there is no short-cut in losing belly fat. What you can do instead is watch out your diet. And follow a workout routine that will help you lose weight and fat from all your body and not just the belly.
So, the best exercise to lose belly fat is a combination of cardio exercises and exercises that will tone your abs.
1. Lose Fat with Cardio Workout
Cardio Workout, in general, do not target belly fat alone, but it helps in burning the calories in your entire body. When you do cardio exercises, it would require your body more physical exertion. Thus fat deposits are burned to meet the energy requirement of the body.
Apart from what is commonly believed, crunches do not lose belly fat. It is advisable to lose weight in general first by starting with a variety of frequent short-timed cardio exercises and gradually increase the duration over time.
A good starting program is, 10 minutes walking + 10 minutes biking + 10 minutes ski machine (elliptical) for 2-3 days a week. As you get comfortable, you may increase the duration to 15- 30 minutes per machine as well as the resistance.
A good cardio workout is very important if you wish to lose weight fast. Crunches and other belly specific workouts do burn calories, but they are mainly focused in sculpting the midsection for a stronger core.
2. Bicycle Crunches Exercise
You must know that abs workout does not help you lose belly fat. However, it can help in shaping and toning the abdominal muscles.
Rectus Abdominis is the muscle that is located vertically on each side of the anterior wall of the abdomen.
It is the muscle that we commonly refer to as “six-packs”. The best exercise in shaping the Rectus Abdominis is by doing floor Bicycle exercises.
- Lie flat on the back.
- Place hands beside the head
- Bend knees up and attain an air bicycle position, around 45- degree angle.
- Reach your left knee with your right elbow and your right knee with your left elbow.
- Continue the 4th step for 2-4 sets of 12-16 reps in a “pedalling” motion; remember to do relaxed breathing as you do the exercise.
3. Crunch Exercise to Lose Belly Fat
The external oblique is the irregular quadrilateral muscle that is located in the anterolateral part of the abdomen. The best abs workout to tone the external oblique is by doing Oblique Side Crunches with Heel Touches.
- Lie flat on the back.
- Bend hips to a 90-degree angle; hands-on sides
- Crunch body forward and reach rich right heel with a right hand
- Touch right heel and return to starting position. You should do 1-3 sets of 10 to 25 reps.
- Do the same with left hand reaching left heel; do 1-3 sets of 10 to 25 reps.
4. Tilts Exercise to Lose Belly Fat
The Transverse Abdominus is the third of the anterior flat muscles of the abdomen, it runs from the side to the front of the abdomen with its fibers positioned horizontally. The best exercise to tone the Transverse Abdominus is by doing Pelvic Tilts.
- Lie flat on the back.
- Bend knees while keeping feet flat on the floor.
- Lift pelvis up slowly and hold the position for 1-2 seconds before slowly lowering back on the floor. Make sure that the upper body remains on the floor throughout the exercise.
- Do 1-3 sets of 15-25 reps.
5. Captain’s Chair exercise
- Using the Captain’s Chair, Start by dangling your legs and slowly lifting your lower limbs up towards the chest
- Control your movement as you deliberately return to the starting position.
- Use your abdominal muscles to lift your lower extremities.
- Do 10 to 15 counts for 1-3 cycles
6. Balance Ball Crunch
- Lie on the balance ball with your feet flat on the floor.
- Use your abdominal muscles to lift your torso to no more than 45 degrees
- As much as you can, keep the ball stable as you do your crunches.
- Do 10 to 15 counts for 1 to 3 cycles.
You must know that the food we eat contains calories that are essential for the body to produce energy.
However, if we take in too many calories and do fewer activities. The calories will be stored in the body as fat deposits particularly in the abdomen rather than being converted as energy.
This implies that if you are determined to lose that belly fat. You must first start with major lifestyle changes.
Start by decreasing caloric intake to the amount that is proportional to your daily activities. Too less and too much of anything is definitely unhealthy. This goes the same with exercise, do set realistic goals and do gradual workouts.
Doing five hours of intense workout on your first day will not make you lose that belly fat fast. But instead, it will only cause your muscle and joint strains.